Information and resources for current families
We can’t be a community without you!
From the start, the school has operated in the spirit of a cooperative with the gifts and skills of parents influencing every aspect of school life.
The Halifax Independent School Society is a registered charity (#87165 5262 RR0001) organized under the NS Registry of Joint Stock Companies (ID 3020405). The society is governed by a board of directors.
Committees, events, and more
Some opportunities are task-based and involve short-term commitments and seasons of intense activity. Some involve ongoing meetings and regular reporting to the board. Contact us to learn about our current needs/projects and to tell us about how you would like to help.
Board Directors and Officers at September 2022
- Chair: Michael Christie
- Vice Chair: Lewis Bedford
- Secretary: Tipper McEwan
- Treasurer: Erin Leaman
- Julie Chisholm
- Kathryn Hull
- Nichola Precious
- Heather Johnson (Headteacher)
- Leigh-Ann Fulmore (Deputy Headteacher)
- Jill Morgan (staff)
- Meghan Nixon (staff)
9-11 directors (parents and staff)
- includes 5-7 parents elected by the society’s general membership, serving overlapping 2-year terms
- includes the Headteacher and Deputy (ex officio, voting directors), and 2 additional staff members serving standard terms